Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meeting with Mayor Kim Driscoll

On February 27, 2012  I met with Mayor Kim Driscoll at Salem City Hall.  Even though I was still a bit "out of sorts" due to Marcio's recent passing, I enjoyed our meeting regardless.   She was very interested in MWS project and wanted to know all about it.  A city council woman had mentioned the project to her and she had seen some of the pr materials around town.

I began by telling her about the layout/format of the book and what the introduction will say.  Of course some of you know that Jac's "words of wisdom" will be a part of the intro. (if you don't know the story, you will have to wait until the book comes out :}).  When I told her about Jac's life long observance of how Salem seems to "choose or repel" people...she clapped her hands and said, "oh my gosh, I have never heard it put so well!" The ending sentence,  "So come to Salem and see if Salem chooses you" seemed to delight our City's Mayor and she confessed that this is exactly what happened to her.  After graduating from Salem State, she just never left...Salem chose her for sure and I for one am happy she was chosen.  I do not know about the hot topics and issues of the City, as my entire life revolves in and around the University, that being a world of it's own.  However, it seems to me that Mayor Kim is a perfect fit for our City.

One of my main goals is to have this book in the tourist center, here in Salem....easily available to the thousands of tourists that descend upon our city at various times during the year.  Because of this meeting, I am sure that this goal will be met due to the contacts that Mayor Kim gave me.  She wants me to keep her updated as MWS grows and matures, especially the closer we get to publication release date(s).  She offered to link MWS with Destination Salem (a city run publication/pr tool) as we approach release.

After a full hour of jam packed conversation and information exchange, I can tell you all that the Mayor  was very supportive and an endless source of information and contacts, for me as a photographer and for  The Mystic Women of Salem.

Thanks Mayor Kim...it was a real pleasure!  :} 

No comments:

Post a Comment