Sunday, April 14, 2013



Ms. Mia Mountain arrived at the University on Sunday, April 7, 2013 for her much anticipated shoot.  The theme for Mia, since she is a librarian in Boston, was "The Book of Records".  A theme she was quite excited about after hearing my vision.  You all saw the "The Book of Records" promo with the blue lighting as pr for her upcoming shoot.  We expanded upon this vision.

I met Ms. Mia in front of Meir Hall on a rather chilly and windy New England afternoon.  The moment she popped her head out of the car, I could not help but notice how shockingly beautiful this young woman is.  She is a very strong woman who has had an incredibly difficult journey to navigate over the last couple of years...personal in nature, so I shall not go into further details.  

Mia has had some modeling experience in fashion and I tried to warn her about the type of shooting sessions that MWS requires from me and the featured woman.  However, I think she was a little concerned and "jarred" about my shooting style.  Until she saw the pr photo on facebook promoting her shoot.  She was assured after that, that I did indeed know what I was doing.  

Like I told her and I will tell all of you...when the pre-set music begins and the guardians are present my movements become fast, furious, and silent.  Many times I can literally "hear" what to do and what lights to pull next.  I had warned Mia that this experience is entering another realm...and there's no telling who will show up or what will happen.  However,  no matter how much I try to prepare MWS gals...it seems they must experience it for themselves...and boy do they!

After calling it a "wrap", Mia said,"that clock on the wall cannot be right."  I told her that it was indeed correct, but that she had just experienced the "zone".  Ms. Mia was shocked and further said that  the "blue light" session felt like she was being drawn/transported into the light...literally.  She surrendered to the power and respected the presence...  that's when the majick began and the best photographs were taken.

Great Job Mia!!!!  :}



No comments:

Post a Comment