Sunday, April 24, 2016

Intro - Tarot and the Missing Link

                                 Tarot and the Missing Link

The Tarot in all it's multi-faceted complexity, power, use, interpretation, and history has always fascinated me (along with thousands of others).  Being one of the most powerful and commonly used divination tools for psychics, and dare I say clairvoyants, mediums and old school fortune tellers, to date.  I include psychics, clairvoyant, etc., in the aforementioned as it has been my personal experience that more often than not the Tarot cards are now used as "connection" tools.  I have seen this more frequently in the past two decades than ever before.  Prior, Tarot readers usually specialized in interpretation of the cards very specifically, such as (depending upon the spread) the position, suit, arcana, order, and whether the card was laid upside down or right side up, could (and does) have a significant difference in meaning for the querent.  Now, as stated above, it seems to be used more as a tool. Along with the combination of card meanings and psychic abilities they work together for a reading.  Most reputable readers, psychics, etc., will caution the querent prior to the cast, of a little thing known as "free will".  This, in my opinion, should be stated each and every time one seeks council, advice, or a reading.  For we all are given the privilege of free will.  I always begin with,"if you stay on this path"...etc., etc.  That being said, let's get to the matter at hand.  

For decades my fascination with such things has only increased and definitely expanded my horizons, knowledge, and beliefs.  In short, I feel a little bit wiser but still remain a seeker.  There is much in this world that I question and seek answers for.  
Throughout the decades one question remained in my mind about the beginning of the Tarot.  How could such a powerful and accurate (in the right hands) divination tool have been the result of a parlor game?  That just did not make sense to me.  Hence, the reason for my research.  Although the parlor game plays a role in the Tarot's beginnings it is far from the origin.  This is a journey over thousands of years that we shall take, to Egypt, Greece, France, Italy and eventually the Untied States.  The information that I will be sharing with you does NOT come from the internet.  I did view one or two sites and read their interpretation of Tarot history, however, there were no changes to my documentation whatsoever.  In fact, I did not see where the missing link was even mentioned.  Historical facts yes, but the missing link, no.  I am sure it's out there (meaning the internet) but I have not found where it is referenced.  Due to the length of this subject it will be done in 2-3 parts.  I will not bore you by going too far into historical events, will only be sharing what is pertinent...AND I'll try to make it a bit personal and entertaining.  
The first part is set for publication tomorrow.   R :}

No comments:

Post a Comment