Sunday, January 2, 2011

WELCOME to the launch of the "Mystic Women of Salem" blog!

Please post your feedback at the bottom of the latest post Under Comments (a window will pop up and that's where you comment) and by all means become a FOLLOWER (this is located at the very bottom of the blog page). You may comment when the profile window pops up, if you do not have those accounts, just put your name in the name/url section and it will post your comment.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Welcome, welcome everyone! This blog has been very time consuming and a meticulous venture...but, a fun one no less. I learned alot about the blog process, design, and impact that it will have on the publishing of "The Mystic Women of Salem" (MWS) in 2012.

Many thanks to Brian Miller for his wizardry with blogs, fonts, design, instruction, construction, and everything else imaginable in the world of cyber space! He will be designing the poster for the"Mystic Women of Salem" blog launch, which will be distributed all over Salem and Boston in the near future.

The selection process for Phase I of the project is complete and 20 women were selected...CONGRATULATIONS! There will be a final round of interviews in the summer of 2011, so let me know of women that you think would be interested in the project.

Next week I am slammed with finals all week and cannot wait until this semester is over! Photographically, I excelled in Commercial Photography and there are examples in the My Favorites Gallery of my smugmug site...http://allure.smugmug.com check it out! Who would have ever thought I could make a jug of milk look like a glamourous photo by George Hurrell (my idol and it's so obvious in my style of photography)!

I am specifically asking all my "dancing girls" for your support on this blog...the success of this blog will help tremendously in getting "Mystic" published and THAT ensures "New England's Ancient Artists of Bellydance" will happen! So, visit often and by all means your comments are welcomed!

STAY WARM NEW ENGLANDERS!

R

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic website. Excited to see the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a tremendous response to the blog via my email. Thanks everyone! Check back often! As the project goes forward there will be videos, slideshows, and certainly photos of the selected "Mystic Women" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this blog is stunning, from the music to the photos. I can't imagine how much time and energy has already gone into this, and can't wait to watch this project unfold. I am so honored to be a part of this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much! Yes, the blog phase of the project took months, but I have to give full credit to our newest member of the team Brian Miller-Wizard of Cyberspace! Just wait until you see the things we have in mind for the future! The site will constantly be changing and additions will be made frequently. Our goal is for everyone to feel the power behind this project! Believe me when I tell you, there are "other" forces at work here and it seems to increase every time we work on it. Thanks again Barbara, have some beautiful shots in mind for you...can't wait to start shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog looks fantastic! Can't wait to get the ball rolling on my end after the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this is so very exciting and Salem is getting excited too! The blog has had over 350 hits in such a short time! Wish everyone would "follow and comment" though....heh heh :-}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and so enlightening. Look forward to reading/seeing more of this project. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You! Yes, the goal of this blog is not only to create interest in the project but to share the power of these extraordinary women. As soon as the ladies get comfortable with the blog they will be commenting and chatting with folks as well. The first shoot is coming up in jan. and I hope to have some "behind the scenes" shots to share with everyone.
    Come by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really excited to see how this is evolving into something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Therese (one of our fabulous Mystic Women), Yes, and she MWS (mystic women of salem) seems to be getting stronger and stronger as each day passes...and exceptionally creative too, I might ad. Therese, we are so honored to have you involved with this project, and I cannot wait to do our shoot! - Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou and am looking very forward to the shoot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rebecca and as you can see, I have finally entered this ongoing & incredible blog. I am so thrilled at becoming a part of these Mystical Women of Salem, and I am " powering up as we speak!.....Thank you for including me , and I am looking forward to seeing what " Spirit " has in store for me through the camera's lens !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea!!!!! I wish I could make it easier for you gals but, it is the way blogger has set up the template that causes the level of difficulty. But, CONGRATS and WELCOME to MWS blog!!!!
    Am looking forward to your shoot as well! The News/Update button will be available for viewing this afternoon...am updating the latest information for all you ladies.
    Grins...:} R

    ReplyDelete