Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Everyone!

Please post your feedback at the bottom of the latest post Under Comments (a window will pop up and that's where you comment) and by all means become a FOLLOWER (this is located at the very bottom of the blog page). You may comment when the profile window pops up, if you do not have those accounts, just put your name in the name/url section and it will post your comment.
Thanks Everyone!!!

Jacquie is our local tailor/seamtress for the majority of the shoppes in Salem...so it only seems "fitting" (hee hee - pun intended) to incorporate her cloaks/capes and other garments of her design, into her portrait.
This is only days away, and I will be posting again, with photos and we hope to hear from Jacquie herself about her "shooting" experience with MWS project.
Again, Happy New Year to All!

The upcoming year is truly going to be one filled with creativity, hard work, and undying commitment for MWS (Mystic Women of Salem) project. I am busy planning, sketching, and shopping for the first shoot, which is going to be in just a few days! Our first shoot will be with Ms. Jacquie C. The set will be a faux doorway of a tailor's shoppe many, many years ago in France. I will be reproducing the lighting of a shot done by a french photographer and truly one of the Master's of Photography...Eugene Atget who died in 1927. Although this shoot will be one of many, many difficult shoots- because of the lighting schemes and environmental limitations-the outcome will be worth every bit of the "hassle". Believe me when I tell you, I have it a whole lot easier than Atget, who was shooting with plates and bellows!

10 comments:

  1. This is very exciting! Good luck with finding the right location and have fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! The first of the trilogy of books will be in the studio. However, I am seriously thinking of taking the girls out into nature at all times of the day and night for the creme' de la creme' book which will be, The Witches of Salem".
    Thanks again!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very excited to be a part of this project! I've seen the Atget photo...it very much describes my work. A photo says a thousand words...this one features a slave to a trade, surrounded my all his 'friends'...in my case gowns and capes. The lighting cast wonderful shadows on the fabrics and the serious face...that the tailor and I share. I'll be posting more after the shoot. Faerie Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above comment was by Jacquie C...just FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting adventure! I cannot wait to see the final production!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I so agree! The final production will be just that...a theatre production. Was just discussing it with one of the educators (Kim Mimnaugh) here at the University about the "show". She had really great ideas and feedback about combining the theatre and photography department for this project and utilizing all these young genius lighting designers, theatre directors, narrators, etc., etc. Believe me when I tell you, my vision will knock the socks off Salem! Thanks for your comment and we'll chat soon! :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacq Rene CivitareseJanuary 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM

    I had a wonderful time w/ Rebecca and Brian(?)! this snow has me loopy!
    Thank you, Rebecca for all your effort and time you put into my set. The photos truly reflect a French tailoring workroom. We felt the majick and the photos show it! I will write more as pictures are posted about the experience of each shot.
    Till then, faerie blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are MOST welcome Jac, the pleasure was all ours! You were focused, took direction extremely well, and literally BECAME the La Vie En Rose sole proprietor...and it showed. The outfit you wore really fit-in with the theme of the shoppe and was so very photogenic. I just hope that all the ladies that follow you are as pleasant and willing to work as you were. Thanks mucho for becoming a "Mystic Woman"...yeah like you aren't now...hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see ALL of the hard though loving work! Please keep me informed for I am a "Newbie", as insulting as it sounds...sighs.
    Bright Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much! Newbie's are people too...:)
    See Aepril's interview...a fascinating young woman. Next week is Jacquie C's shoot and exclusive behind the scenes shots for the blog only...so become a follower! Thanks and I will certainly keep you posted!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete