Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Re-publish Jacq Civitarese PR 8/2/2016 - A Day In Paris with Jacqie C.

Chances are if you have visited Salem during the Harvest Season you noticed shop owners, witches, locals, etc., gliding around Salem wearing glorious wool capes and cloaks.  These are more than likely the creations of our own Jacq...a tailor and designer in Salem (she also furnishes many clothing items for the local shoppes).  Eternal Stitch is the business name...check it out folks!  Jacq has been very busy since her shoot, not only professionally but personally as well.  We should congratulate our gal on her recent marriage - CONGRATS JACQ!  Read on about her shoot!  :}:}:}

I awoke to a snowy morning and checked to see if my shoot was still on. Rebecca and I, both being brave women, decided it was a "go". The excitement I felt to be a part of "The Mystic Women of Salem" project, that I woke up with, remained and became a power point even after a very difficult moment with my love affairs that morning. Despite a personal let down, my will to serge on with the shoot exploded around me and my closet as I looked for an outfit among all my creations. I then surrounded myself with pink light and did my hair and makeup (which I never do). Velvet, satin, tulle and majick filled my four large shopping bags as I hurried to the train. Rebecca was there to greet me with a great smile and much enthusiasm. We both spoke of the weather and the wild morning we had endured thus far.

We arrived at Salem State University at 1pm and through back doors and dark hallways I got my first look at the studio. The set of my "Shoppe" was displayed in the room. The purple hanging lamp was a beacon for my business, Eternal Stitch. Interestingly, purple and black are my business colors.

Rebecca introduced me to "Mystics" cyber wizard, Brian Miller, who is also a friend and assistant to MWS. After formalities I ate lunch while Brian and Rebecca concentrated on technical preparations and set up. The "behind the scenes" shots came naturally as we hung my creations and admired shoes and vintage hats. The mood was set and the air filled with beautiful music of "La Vie En Rose" by Edith Piaf, the French songstress. Her voice, music, and life were emotional and tragic, much like another favorite of mine...Judy Garland.

Now...it's time for the shoot.

First, Rebecca was attempting to recreate a Eugene Atget portrait, shot in the late 20's, one that is considered a masterpiece. As each shot was explained (to prepare me for the mood she was looking for) I felt more at ease and comfortable in my new "Shoppe". In between shots of strobe flashes, my sight became fixed on the between realms of Salem. Glimpses of objects came in and out of reality as hyper flashes filled my vision. Luckily, I am comfortable with this state of being and the photos that transpired, reflected my loving and far away mood.

As the music ended, Rebecca switched lighting techniques/set ups, focusing on closeup stitchery shots. At times we were frustrated as Rebecca was trying to capture the crystal (which was on the tip of the needle), reflection by zoomed strobe shots. It was like trying to photograph a Faerie...the star burst of light did not want to be revealed to the world without love, patience and timing. Then, it dawned on Rebecca...there was no music! As soon as she put her majick music CD on the spark of the needle lit up and my spirit joined with it throughout the rest of the shots. We were all in bliss as time was quickly passing and the weariness of creating art had set in. The final shots were all together a different lighting setup and process producing a totally different look. Once complete, we reviewed the shoot in it's entirety on a large monitor screen in the photography lab. Rebecca had done it! The Atget shoot was a success and reflected a seamstress in love with her creations and work.

All the textures I brought were displayed by Rebecca's camera brilliantly...yet complexly. Color, texture and star bursts filled each image, our hearts now content.

Rebecca drove me to Salem depot as the sun was retiring for the evening. I was on my way back to reality....feeling beautiful and a sense of accomplishment.

Thank you so much Rebecca and Brian for all your efforts, talent and hard work!



Faerie Blessings...Jacq Civitarese of Eternal Stitch

8 comments:

  1. Your photography is incredible and inspiring. I am good friends with Jaqu C., and I was in awe at how captivating and spiritual her photographs came out. Thank you for your pursuit of such a worthy project. Many Blessings and best of luck Rebecca ~Silvia~ Cabot Priestess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jac...It was a pleasure to photograph you and the Mystic Team is honored to have you as a featured woman in the book!
    You took direction extremely well and interpreted my vision perfectly.
    Thanks again for yet another memorable/fantastic experience on this journey! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sylvia! Yes, I certainly agree with you! Jac appears to be a normal, reserved and a rather shy young American woman...until she opens her mouth! Then you KNOW you're talking to an ancient one in the flesh!

    Thanks again,
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacq Rene CivitareseJanuary 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM

    I've been receiving wonderful fed back on my facebook link. I can't wait to see the spirit of other Mystic Women shown through Rebeccas' visual concept. Quite a few of the talent women featured in this project are dear friends of mine. They have shaped me and urged me to bravely begin my sewing business nearly eight years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!!!!
    Just wish they would put their comments on the blog where it will make a tremendous impact to the publisher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i seriously cannot wait for thie amazing book to be published!!AND--as an inhabitant of Salem i cannot wait for it's follow up volumes.
    thank you for your vision!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Lisa! Yes, this is a very exciting project...I could write a book about the interviewing process alone!
    Become a follower so you'll get immediate alerts when a new post happens. Will be photographing another featured woman in Feb.and March. During spring break I will be photographing the Grande Dame herself, Laurie Cabot (will have a video on that shoot as well). So stay tuned! Thanks for your comment/interest. Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacq Rene CivitareseJanuary 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM

    Lisa Kitten, thank you so much for your support! In time you'll be surprised about how many MWS you know! xoxo

    ReplyDelete