Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE PRIESTESS OF PERFUMES - AKUURA

 Akuura of Aroma Sanctum 

Akuura and I had been discussing her shoot for several months and the final outcome was to represent her business as a natural perfumer and scent designer (she is one of 3-4 nationally) as well as herself as a Mystic Woman. I knew I wanted to incorporate some of her unique bottles into the set design and that's exactly what we did. The bottles photographed beautifully as did Akuura...dream fulfilled. Let me explain that last sentence...after interviewing and getting to know the selected ladies, usually their shoot theme/goal will come to me in the form of dreams. After the dream comes is when I start doing research trying to locate a photograph taken by the early masters of photography, for inspiration. I found a shot taken by George Hurrell at MGM studios in the 50's and the starlet was wearing this glorious cape...very dramatic. That was it! Akuura ordered a fab cape made of forrest green and deep purple. We got shots of both.

Actual shooting lasted only a couple of hours, when to our Cyber Wizard's astonishment, I declared,"it's a wrap." Of course, when Brian is there to assist shoots are cut in half time wise. He not only is documenting my lighting set-ups (for future teaching/recollection) he also assisted in direction of the shoot...gracias amigo! Since the school has new computers in the lab, my former computer will be set up in the studio so I can be tethered...camera/computer. This will be absolutely fabulous and will assist us tremendously!

Akuura's photos will be in the Mystic gallery shortly, I will certainly announce it when ready. To read more about our Akuura please go to the News/Updates button of the blog.

Become a follower of this blog and you will be kept up to date instantly with the ever changing progress of the project!

:}



Akuura's magical bottles


test shot
 Adding the final details!

Tint(s) added - test shot





No comments:

Post a Comment