Monday, May 16, 2016

Promotional Re-Post - Mulysa Meyham of Good Mojo Tattoos

A studio portrait will be released tomorrow on our MWS FB Business Page !  Check it out !

The Mystic Women of Salem Project is proud to present, Mulysa Meyham of Good Mojo Tattoos !!!



On  Sunday May 12, 2013 at 5pm the lovely breathe of fresh air arrived at the studio on an overcast and rather chilly May day, even for New England.  Mulysa is a native Salemite who has generational history with the city of Salem and it's people.  Needless to say, Mulysa is the FIRST and ONLY tattoo artist that will be featured in the MWS project.  She is a lovely young woman with the wisdom of the ancients.  I was captivated by her and her story from the very day that I interviewed her at Good Mojo Tattoo Shop, well over a year ago.  She brings integrity, honesty, compassion, and unlimited artistic flair to the project.  As you will clearly see, from her shoot, Mulysa IS ART...walking, moving, breathing ART.  She is fascinating to look at and compelling to talk to.  There are not many of her generation that have the knowledge and wisdom of the ancients like Mulysa does...it is quite jolting at first, one just does not expect such things from youth.  Her shoot was fast and virtually with no direction from me...it was like "strike a pose" from the very beginning.  She was like shooting a seasoned pro.

I am certainly not used to shooting so fast...I had a hard time keeping up with this girl!  I called it a wrap in only a little over an hour (and folks that's unheard of with MWS shoots)!   When I heard the little whisper,"call it a wrap" I was quite shocked and a bit perplexed.  However, I learned long ago to just do as I'm told and surrender to the powers at be...so I did.

I knew that we had gotten some incredible shots which is the norm for this project, but, what had me a bit confused was that the air in the studio did not change or become "thick" as I call it.  That's a sure sign that "other forces" such as the Guardians are indeed present.  Knowing that Mulysa is a VERY powerful young woman, I really was perplexed by the lack of changes in atmospheric conditions that ALWAYS occur when working on MWS, ESPECIALLY shoots with these women.  However, like I said, I have learned the hard way...just don't ask questions and DON'T BUCK IT!

Mulysa left the studio seemingly satisfied and seemed to enjoy the experience as well.   I, on the other hand had a nagging feeling...certainly not one of disappointment, just curious more than anything.  It was not until I began editing and downloading the shots to hard drive that it hit me!  And boy did it...ONCE AGAIN!

During shoots I break every so often and let the subject view a few of the shots via the view screen on the camera...it seems to help them with a "visual" so they can understand what I'm going for.  At one of those breaks I showed Mulysa the sequence of shots I had taken after she let her dreads down and unwrapped from the velvet.  She was not exactly excited about those particular shots, which surprised me because I remembered vividly with visions of a "lost tribe" a newly found civilization deep, deep, in the forrest and Mulysa was the Queen.  During this sequence, my pre-programmed cd's were filling the studio with drum music.  It had an all encompassing echo...it seemed to fill the entire studio...the longer I shot the more intense the drums.  Of course this is one of those experiences that I have from behind the lens (I have many such experiences) but, not like this one...with sound AND visions.   While I was editing all this came to me.  I thought...you know I'd better go check that cd...I don't ever remember that music before (thinking there was some message or something - all I knew was something was up).  When it defies logic and makes no sense what so ever, my ears and senses perk up to FULL ALERT status...

I searched every track of every cd that are designated and pre-programmed for MWS shoots, not once, not twice, but thrice.  There IS no drum music on those cd's.  I have searched 3 times now...so, I chalk it up to Freyja and the Guardians once again...

    Message Heard, Message Received, Message Relayed


Great Job Mulysa - Hope you feel differently about the "tribal" shot(s) - check it out!  
Luv ya!

R :}

No comments:

Post a Comment