Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Re-Post for PR - Penny Cabot - An Evening with a Princess

Truly a learning experience for this photog!  This was really the first time I had experienced a shoot with a model who had professional experience...what a joy it was!  Since this shoot I have photographed Penny numerous times and in my opinion the portraits get better and better.  Penny and I developed a true psychic connection when shooting...all I have to do is think of the emotion, the feeling, or physical poses that I want and within seconds she picks up on it and does it without saying a word.  Indeed, very rare - for sure!
We focused on professionalism and "nailing" the shots.  It really was much later in the series that I realized just how much magick surrounded this project.  I learned to pre-programmed designated music to call in the guardians along with many other magickal methods that became the "norm" for all my shoots.  What this experience brought to me was a very dear friend, and how to maintain a high level of integrity and expectation from my job as a photographer.  Thanks Penny for giving me the confidence I so desperately needed to continue on with MWS !!!


I will be releasing more of Penny's shoots on FB over the next year...so stay tuned folks...stay tuned!

Just a test shot - LOVELY!
Penny's shoot is inspired by a portrait done by George Hurrell in the 1950's at Paramount Studios. Of course I will be adding my own lighting techniques and design, keeping it original, but the idea is ALL George. Since Penny is a very talented artist, I will be incorporating her artistic flair into the shoot.

Judging the way Penny's photos turned out from Laurie's Birthday celebration (http://allure.smugmug.com/cabot/LaurieCabotBirthday I think it is certainly safe to say her portraits will be quite beautiful!

When Penny arrived she was all ready for the shoot, and it only took a moment or two for her to change into a beautiful glittery dress that the strobes seemed to like very much, by bouncing off the sequins and beads in a most complimentary fashion.

I did not know that Penny had previous experience modeling...but, it only took a few shots and I knew that this gal really knew how to pose, how to work the props, and most importantly, how to feel the emotions I was looking for. She was eager to help me achieve my goals for her debut as a "Mystic Woman", and believe me she did just that! She "worked" the drapery in a way that I had not expected and truly surpassed the expectations that I did have...she took it to a whole new level. The lighting and equipment cooperated, and really we had no technical issues throughout the duration of her shoot! What a joy!

It was a long shoot, but so very worth it. I cannot wait for you all to see her top 8 shots in the "Mystic Women of Salem" photo gallery http://allure.smugmug.com, I think you will all be very, very pleased. I will be adding her photos to the gallery as they are completed...so check the above website frequently over the next 2 weeks.

The goofy photog posing with a regal Penny!
Your photog goofing around before shoot.
The set is now ready and awaits the arrival of a Princess!








                                     

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots already. I look forward to seeing the rest of the shoot =D -car

    ReplyDelete
  2. The following comment was from Carly of Derelict Darling Designs -

    Beautiful shots already. I look forward to seeing the rest of the shoot =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Yes, she really knocked the ball out of the park...and it's really amazing considering that she was not feeling well during most of the shoot. Numerous shots are just breath takingly beautiful...Mission Accomplished!
    My "hats off" to you Penny for hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete