Saturday, August 27, 2011

Barbara of Angelica's

Our next Mystic Woman on the shoot schedule is Barbara of Angelica's Shoppe in downtown Salem.  
Barbara is also another  fascinating woman, who communicates and works in the spirit realm with angels.   It is my impression that she consults them psychically and does readings for people utilizing this skill.  

Her shoppe is certainly one of the most beautiful shoppes in all of Salem.  It is stocked with crystals, cards, divination tools, jewelry, a huge gift selection, and  all things fanciful/beautiful, with much, much more to see and experience.

Although Irene's winds have caused our shoot to be a bit delayed...Barbara and I are going forward and will only be "set back" a few days.

The inspiration for her shoot is no other than the master himself George Hurrell.. my idol.   His photographs of all the great movie stars of the 20-30-40-50- and 1960's is in his award winning body of work.  My love of shadows and dramatic lighting comes from Hurrell's mastery of shadows on film.  Of course being the main photog for MGM, Paramount, and 20th Century Fox was indeed a bit of a "perk".  He said himself...,"if I needed 300 yards of heavy velvet - I had it within the hour, not to mention the finest props/lighting in the country." 

Here's to you Mr. Hurrell, I hope to make you proud!  :}


No comments:

Post a Comment