Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hills and Valleys

I knew when this project was conceived that there was going to be extensive labor involved before the final birth arrival.  However, what I was not prepared for is "life" issues that seem to overwhelm me at times.  Working with this many women has been so interesting and rewarding, but they...just like we all...are experiencing life's challenges and issues.  We have experienced upcoming births/births, disease, deaths, relocations, career changes, new gigs/performances, vacations/getaways, divorce and everything in between that you can imagine.  Because of "life",  scheduling has become a real issue.  I have had to re-schedule many of our selected ladies due to the above and let's not forget equipment failure and issues.  Never have I experienced such a bombardment of the hills and valleys that we all experience and deal with during the course of our lifetimes, as I have during this past summer.  At times my mind would just be spinning with all these hills/valleys and I really could not get a grip on what was happening.  Then, it finally occurred to me...working and scheduling this many women over such a short period of time, (and believe me...2 years to produce a series with 33 subjects is insanity, ask any pro photog) of course all these things are going to be happening!

I am just hoping that "life" will calm down a bit when the winds of the north begin blowing and all begin to settle down for a slower and calmer pace in preparation for the winter.

 For me however, the fall and winter is when my life will be at full throttle and warp speed...with a full load at the University, shooting for Portfolio, Performance Art Photography, and MWS!
Good Goddess girl...you really are nuts!

:}

No comments:

Post a Comment